Life verse

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness"
... For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

"OHANA" means family

This past week has flown by. And by flown, I mean, airplane fast.

- Perhaps the cooler temperatures on my bike rides to class helped to change my perspective...
- Or the fact that Tuesdays are always a little brighter because it's Hot Chocolate Cobbler day at the dessert station in the caf...
- Maybe it's because papers and constantly due in all of my classes, so "free time" is once again a thing of the past...

Perhaps in a normal week, one or more of these things could be the reason behind the flash that has been this week. But this was not a normal week. Why?

My family came to visit!


While I've always thought of myself as a home body, I have found out during the past 8 weeks how very right I was. 8 weeks. That's how long I've been here. 8 weeks. That's how long it's been since I've seen my brothers or my puppy. 7 weeks. That's how long it's been since I've seen my parents. (Because, you know, they drove me out at the start of the semester).

Since this past Sunday night, my dad (V.P.!!) has been presenting at a conference in Dallas, Texas. Like any good wife, mother, and homeschool teacher, my mom decided it would be the perfect time to pack up Drew and his school books (and my car!! Yay, Tiff!) and drive every one of the 1,062 miles from Aiken to 2730 Chautauqua Avenue in Norman, Oklahoma, for a visit.

They came in Friday evening, my cute orange little bug in tow. I treated them to the delicacies of the cafeteria that evening and stayed with them at the hotel to maximize family time. The rest of the weekend was spent showing them around campus, introducing them to the awesome people I've met out here, and of course, watching college football. Oh, and did I mention that my mom made me chicken pot pie in my apartment. So good!


 Goodbyes aren't nearly so hard when the time isn't so long and the distance isn't so far. While they left early Sunday afternoon for Dallas, I knew I'd be seeing a couple of them later in the week, and ALL of them again soon.

This Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were possibly the least productive school-wise of my college career, simply because it is almost impossible to focus on studying when you have company (hey, Mom and Drew) - especially company that you haven't seen in two months. Lucky for me, I'm plan-in-advancer, so everything that was due this week had already been done. After lunch today, Mom and Drew left, once more, for Texas, where they will join Dad before starting the 15+ hour journey home tomorrow.

 
Such a great weekend. Such a great week.

Oh, and did I mention it's just 2 weeks, just 14 days, until I'm HOME for a visit?! Can't. Even. Wait.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking of you all. Glad you came up for air long enough to post this. See ya' soon. :)

    ReplyDelete