Life verse

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness"
... For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Alright. Here it is. The third and final (at least for now) request I have for your help!

This time, it's not for a current class, but a book that has been very close to my heart for a very long time. Some of you have heard about it.  A few of you ask about it. Many of you don't know about it.

The Gift of Moments.

My vision for this book is that it will be a compilation of "God-moments". What are "God-moments"? My mom and I love sharing them, but basically, they are those coincidences that just can't be mere coincidence or good luck.

...that check that arrived in the mail that was just enough to pay rent next month.

...the phone call from the doctor saying that the tests denied his previous diagnosis.

...the stranger that showed up at the accident and was never seen again.

The great thing about this book is that God is SO BIG. He's limitless. And His stories of provision are limitless as well. 

Another great thing is that all the stories are true. No fiction here. While some of the stories have happened directly to me, in my life, others are stories from friends, pastors, family members... The list goes on. Now, to maintain privacy, names may be changed or locations altered, however, the heart of the story will remain the same.

In my spare time (haha, teacher-friends, does free time even exist?!) I've started writing some of the stories that will comprise The Gift of Moments. However, it's nowhere near completion at this point. One, because it's not written, and two, because I'm always looking for more stories!

By now, you've probably figured out my request, where you all come in. Yep, you've got it. I want to hear your story. Now, here's the thing. A lot of times we downplay our own story of how the Lord has worked in our life, thinking it's not as good as someone else's. Let's just go ahead and establish that when we're bragging on our God, no story is too big or too small. They are ALL HIS stories.

Okay, so here's what I'm asking, if you're willing... Send me your "God-moment". I want to hear your story. And I'll bet a lot of other people do as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment