Life verse

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness"
... For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hey hey hey!

I apologize for the lack of blog post yesterday... I plead "not guilty." Or perhaps more appropriately, college football? It really is an all day event when your school has a home game at night. 

The good news: we won! The bad news: we probably didn't deserve to. Rough night for the Sooners

Okay, so I'm back to give you method #2 for how you can help. Just to review briefly, convince everyone you know that this is the place to read up on all things... well, at least all things that fly through my brain. Trust me, it's probably worth your time. ;)

Method #2 is this..

I was homeschooled. I was homeschooled for the majority of my educational career. (Yes Mom, I did the math. This is still true.) 

Well, *spoiler alert* the book I'm working on for my nonfiction involves some of my homeschooling adventures and explores those timeless questions...

"Did you have friends?'

"Can you talk to adults?"

"Did you get to sleep in every day and do school work in your pajamas?"

...and the classic assumptions...

"It must be nice having your mom just give you 100s."

"I wish I got to watch TV all day."

Here's where you all come in. Whether or not you were homeschooled or have homeschooled your children, chances are you at least know someone who does. So, the two options...

1. If you were homeschooled or are a homeschooling parent, what was the best part? Favorite memory? Worst part? Perks of homeschooling? Thing you would do differently? Thing you wished you had known? Favorite question to be asked by a non-homeschooling family? Best field trip? Favorite stereotype (true or untrue)?
*I don't need to know the answers to all of these, but one or two would be incredibly helpful.*

2. If you are part of my non-homeschooling friends, how did you encounter homeschooling? What were some stereotypes you had of homeschoolers (true or untrue)? Most annoying thing about homeschoolers? Would you consider this for your family? Perks of not homeschooling?
Again, *I don't need to know the answers to all of these, but one or two would be incredibly helpful.*

So that's it. Easy, right? Maybe not so much. But.. your answers truly are valuable to me! 

How do you get them to me? Two options, yet again. (Doesn't it feel good to have options!)

1. Email me!! At lestephens129@gmail.com

                         OR

2. Facebook message me. >>>>> Lauren Stephens

Thanks so much! Look for my third and final request for your help coming soon. And by soon, I mean tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Best field trip: 10th grade for Katie, 3 weeks down the Amazon river traveling with a group of volunteer dentists and missionaries. Comment that I (as the teacher/mom)got the most tired of hearing: "I could never do that." It is a CHOICE! Anyone CAN do it. Great memory: My son, then a beginning 6th grader in public school, "Mom I am going to quit school the minute I turn 16." Brought him home immediately, worked on the non-reading issues many A.D.H.D. kids have and he ended up graduating Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Electrical Engineering! Another son landscaped the back yard and put in a stream and fishpond we are still enjoying 13 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several of my Mom friends home school. I once considered it. But, lack the discipline in myself to make it a success. I think there are definitely people who excel at teaching and learning in that environment. There are people who excel in public school. There are people who excel in private school. You have to choose what is best for you and your family. And then do the very best you can in that choice. And be willing to make any changes necessary to ensure your children's success.

    ReplyDelete