Life verse

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness"
... For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, July 23, 2010

"It's easy, and only takes a minute."

Yeah right. Or maybe it is, and I'm just blonde. Either way, I sure wasn't expecting an intense workout this late at night (or should I say, this early in the morning).

See, here's the deal. For months now, I've toyed with the idea of starting a blog and several people have encouraged me to. Until this past year, I had kept a daily journal (perhaps a little OCD) since January 2003. That's a really long time to write in something every single day.

But I love to write, so blogging just makes sense. And since it's supposed to be quick and easy to start, I decided I'd try to set it up tonight. In my head, I already had my blog named, my URL picked out, my password decided on... you get the idea. I'm thinking this should take, oh, about twentyish minutes. So, I pulled up Google, good 'ol faithful Google, and submitted a search for popular blogs. You guessed it, "Blogger" it is.

And that is where everything started getting interesting.

Still quite enthused with the prospect of making a blog to call my own, I started entering information in the required fields to create an account. Come to find out, I already have a Google account, but of course I don't remember my password. Hurdle #1: get Google to email me directions about how to change my password.

Mkay, so now I need a picture. Should be easy enough since I only have a couple thousand on my computer. Or, maybe not... (that was Hurdle #2).

Hurdle #3: This is the one that really got me... the dreaded URL. Just in case anyone was wondering, there are thousands upon thousands of possible URL addresses both in existence and waiting to be used. Yep, you guessed it, I probably went through a couple hundred of the ones already chosen before I found one that was "available." Grr...

Setting up the layout of my blogging profile was actually kind of relaxing after the URL frustration. And while it was also much simpler than the aforesaid disaster, Hurdle #4: the design still consumed some time. Then again, I suppose most things do.

So, finally, I get to start writing! What a welcome relief!! But I just can't bring myself to proceed without reflecting on the irony of the catch phrase that made me decide to start blogging tonight in the first place: "It's easy, and only takes a minute."

Actually, Blogger.com, it took me slightly longer than a minute... try 119 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment