Life verse

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness"
... For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crossing the River

You know that story about the Red Sea? The one where Moses lifted his staff above the waters, and all the Israelites crossed over on dry land. I’m saying, Exodus 14ish.

Well, everyday on the way to Chantal (this is the little village where Pastor Chery runs the church and is building the school), there is a river. Haiti has just finished the rainy season. Enough said?

Just in case that image is still a little too vague, I’d like to add some detail to it. We’re definitely not talking about a minor trickle, rather more like a full-fledged ‘you-can-wash-yourself-and-your-family-and-your-laundry-in-it’ rushing river. The kind where after 20 seconds of bated-breath and keeping everything important off of the bus floor, an eruption of cheering and clapping is a must. And today, our trio of guys even decided to ‘surf’ across the river in the aisle of the bus. Tomorrow, the girls plan to show them how it’s really done.

Such is our river. And while we don’t have a Moses (our driver’s name is Philemon – perhaps his parents missed the memo?) and have yet to cross the river on dry land, we have a God who walks on water. (See Mark 6:49).

And that is more than enough for me.


Stay on the lookout for my pictures on Cole's facebook. We are trying to get them uploaded but the slow connection makes this difficult.

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo funny not in a haha sort of way....I just chuckle as I envision bus surfing, holding breaths and praising God!! We prayed on Wednesday that the only rising waters you encountered would be the Living Water rising in each of you pouring out to the Haitians. Love and miss you guys...don't know about you but time is flying by here...absolutely can't wait to hear everything!! Love, hugs and kissed to all of you!!!Mom

    ReplyDelete